Finding Joy in the Journey

Sunday, September 16, 2007

End of Summer

we are so sad summer is leaving. We went camping a couple of weeks ago, just the two of us, at Leo Carillo State park. It is a really pretty camp site just north of Malibu. There are tons of trees and hills all around. There was also a really fun right point and we surfed there everyday. We left the kids home with my parents to watch also. (Thank You Mom!) We had so much fun. It was the first time in 4 years of going on a trip with just the two of us. It was much needed. I will post pictures later, my computer is so full I need to back up old photos before I can put new ones on.

We also moved down to SC last weekend and have been so busy moving and organizing this week. We are remodeling. It is such a pain because we have our stuff all over the place in boxes. We did not move to a new house, we moved to a temporary place (my parents) while the house is being finished. We are grateful that we did not have to rent an apartment during construction though and pay twice as much.

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Julie! That is so great that you and Johnny got to take a trip by yourselves. I can't imagine how nice that was! Robert and I really need to do that before we have another little one. We are so sad to have you guys down in SC. We're happy you are finally getting your new house...but we wish you weren't going to be gone so long! At least we'll still get to see you occassionally...right? :)

SUMMER said...

I didn't know you guys were moving! Where in SC?