Finding Joy in the Journey

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Doheney Days

Once again we took the fam down to doheney on Saturday.  This time miss B wanted to surf.  It is so cute how she wants to do everything her brother does.
This is about as close as we got to surfing.  This was pretty good for M though.  She is not my most adventurous child!

CJ is the tough one.  He got pounded SO HARD in the shore break because he would ride the wave all the way to the sand and not jump off in time.  He had an audience on the beach.  There was a group of strangers cheering for him.  He loved the attention.  

When he saw this picture he said.  "Look, I'm in the barrel!"
Here is one of his may rides.

2 comments:

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

Awesome, we can't wait till Darla and Dex are ready to surf. Good job CJ, livin up to that name!

snlbarney said...

What a fun time:) We love visiting the beach when we can! I agree, we would rather spend reunion money somewhere else. I thought I would see who else doesn't bring hubbies, I just hate to be the only one going solo. I think that is a GREAT idea to get together with everyone at your house - that would be so fun! I will let you know if I hear from more people about spouses, and then lets plan a date in San Clemente with everyone:)