Finding Joy in the Journey

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving At the River


For Thanksgiving we headed out to the Colorado River. Johnny's parents and sister's family all came. We had a great time all week long. The kids loved playing with all of their cousins.


Cooking dessert in the kitchen is something we did every night this week. I think we all gained 5 pounds this trip!
Cute cousins all hyper.
Thanksgiving Day! Miss B, the model, was waiting to taste my HOMEMADE apple pie! I just learned how to make apple pie a week ago. My mom taught me and my Grandma Verlyn taught her. I'm sure I'll be teaching my daughters one day too. Homemade apple pie has always been a family tradition at Thanksgiving for my family.
All the kids playing on the broken trampoline. It was kind of scary actually, and I'm surprised there were no accidents!
We all LOVED Billy's deep fried turkey. It was so delicious!
Daddy and his girl.
Kelly, Tami, me, Sara.
Mommy and her baby. She was so happy all day long. Such a perfect angel.
JB playing around with the camera, being all artsy.
The kiddos shoveling down the food.
Wrestling the lizard while we were all eating. I think that was the dog's chew toy!
Still eating.
Eating.
Adults eating.
Baby eating.
Still eating!
The Featherstone kids, Moody kids, B's kids, and Hugh's kids.
Enjoying my pie.
I love my girls! I never thought I'd be lucky enough to get 2 baby dolls.
The family.
Swimming after a huge meal. I'm not so sure about that idea.
Tired baby girls after a long and very fun-filled Thanksgiving day.
Pretty blue eyes.
Family photo day. Of course we put that off until the last day.
Our family photo we used for Christmas cards.

No comments: