Finding Joy in the Journey

Friday, March 7, 2008

HAWAII

We went on vacation to Hawaii with Tad and Amber last week and had sooooo much fun. It was the best vacation ever. We could not have asked for better weather or waves. We went surfing, hiking, horseback riding, swimming, and more surfing. JB and Tad went surfing at Rocky's for probably 6 to 8 hours a day every day. Amber and I surfed just about the same amount of time surfing at Gas Chamber's, Freddy's, Turtle Bay, and Haleiwa. We went and saw Pearl Harbor, we went to Dukes in Honolulu, we went to the temple in Laie, we went horseback riding on the gunstock ranch, we celebrated Amber's 28th, and we went on a beautiful hike to a waterfall.







This is me swimming at Waimea. The water was so clear.

JB and I at Turtle Bay Resort.


JB doing a back flip off the waterfall.

Amber and I horseback riding.

8 comments:

the bates motel said...

wow! looks like you guys had a great time! i love hawaii! i need to go there again soon! p.s. we are coming to cali for 2 weeks in april. we'll have to hook up!

Brooke Wilkins said...

I am so jealous right now! So awesome! THanks for you help in church the other week. You are awesome!

Dan & Stacy said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. That first picture of you and Johnny is nice. I want to go back to Hawaii! We went 5 years ago on our honeymoon.

Feather Fam. said...

I am soooo jealous! The only 2 times I have ever been to Hawaii, I was prego (although I still loved each trip). Next time I am going to follow your lead and do all the crazy fun stuff!

Suman Family said...

so fun! everything looks so amazing. what a great trip! when are you guys moving back to hb? the other day i was on palm and noticed your house. it's making good progress. anna, ava and maile need to be in a little playgroup together!

. said...

Fun Fun Fun! I want to go with you next time. Got the great surfing pictures from JB too. Perfect pictures.

Mama Bear said...

Didn't know you were in Hawaii recently...so nice!! Glad you had such a great time...sounds like it was amazing! Tell johnny his surf pics are awesome!

Erin said...

I am totally jealous! I have been wating to go back to Hawaii ever since I came and visited you and Jenny there at BYU. Ryan has never been before...so I think we would have so much fun! I am glad you guys had an awesome trip though...and lots and lots of surfing.