Finding Joy in the Journey

Monday, September 29, 2008

Water Babies and Wild Rivers

The kids have been swimming a lot over at the Baltzer's pool lately, and they are getting quite comfortable in the water. M is even starting to swim a little bit back and forth between me and Amber.  I love how she is so smiley under water.

Here is a little video clip of her swimming. Notice the big grin.

Gotta love the big toothless grin!
Saturday we went to Wild Rivers with my mom and some friends.  The kids had a blast.  M was not so sure about the water slides though.  (She has barely mastered the ones at the park).  C monster really had a great time, though he was a little nervous at first.  
This picture cracks me up.  C's feet are above his head, M has a look of terror as she is about to hit the cold water, and I am laughing so hard because I was going a lot faster than I was expecting.
This picture is also really funny.  C was turned around backwards the second half of the ride, he was not too stoked on that, and poor M was in my lap getting blasted by a ton of water.  No wonder she was not too excited about the water slides, and of course JB beat us by a mile.
We had such a great time as a family at wild Rivers.  Thanks Mom for the tickets.  We definitelyy want to go again next summer.

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

I just saw your baby announcement! Congratulations. A boy and 2 girls. You will love it:) We love Wild Rivers and can't wait to go next summer while we are in CA. I'm sure Spencer will enjoy it more now that he is older. The pictures are great- especially the underwater ones.

the bates motel said...

so fun! i haven't been to wild rivers since i was like 12! so cute that your little ones are such water babies!

Suman Family said...

i love that maile is a swimmer! so cute. looks like a lot of fun at wild rivers. we'll have to check it out next summer.

Autumn said...

Fun! Thanks for the invite, bummer we couldn't go! For sure next summer, we try to go once or twice! This last summer if you brought movie stub from Irvine Spectrum it was buy 1 get 1 free and in the Thursday Penny Saver it was 10 bucks off and little kids were 2 bucks! Plus Costco always have cheap tickets too!! Hopefully with the nice weather I will be joining you girls at Amber's pool!

Dan & Stacy said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Those pictures are too funny!

ashley said...

hey julie! have not checked your blog for a while, and i didn't even know you were pregnant, so congrats! that is really exciting!

The Birth Control Pill said...

don't worry C Monster, that happens to me all the time.

Anonymous said...

I love the water park pictures. That makes me crack up watching c going down the water slide