Finding Joy in the Journey

Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy Birthday JB

Happy 33rd birthday Honey!  I let him sleep in,
I made him banana pancakes,
Then I surprised him and took him to the Ritz Carlton in Laguna Niguel.  My sister-in-law works there as a yoga instructor so I scored a family discount.
That hotel is AMAZING!
Everything about it is gorgeous. 
The room was so comfortable and beautiful. (This is what it looked like, but we had the garden view).  The ocean view was about $3oo more a night, so I decided to pass, like we've never seen the ocean.  

The bathrooms were floor to ceiling marble.
JB on our balcony.  It was very pretty, and had a nice ocean breeze blowing right into our room.
The fitness center had the best view.  It was so much fun to work out and watch the waves.  If I had a gym like that to work out in everyday I would be in the best shape!
The view from the hotel.  It over looks Salt Creek, a fun surfing beach.  The waves were actually really fun that day, we surfed all afternoon.  It was so nice being in the water all day, and not worrying about the kids. (Thank you Grandma JC)!
Grand staircase. 
I took him to dinner at the Salt Creek Grill.  JB had the best steak he's had in a long time. 

5 comments:

Autumn said...

IS JUNE 6TH HIS ACTUAL B-DAY?
IF SO THAT IS MY SON'S AND ROBERT AUGUST,
TOO FUNNY!
LOVE SALT CREEK! USE TO NANNY FOR A FAMILY AT MONARCH PRIVATE BEACH AND LOVED HANGING ON THAT BEACH!

the bates motel said...

what a fun getaway! that hotel looks awesome! and how fun to have some alone time :)!

Unknown said...

Hey Julie! I used to work there. It is gorgeous and what a wonderful idea. Very very smart of you! Who needs to leave orange county for a vacation? Everyone comes here for the best of everything!

Mama Bear said...

How great! The Ritz looks so nice...not that I'd expect anything else! Glad you guys had fun...tell Johnny happy bday for us!

Brett + Kristin said...

Wow! That looks sooo nice! The best is the view from the workout room! Could you get much better than that? We actually went to the Ritz for a banquet for Shelby a few weeks ago -- pretty nice! What a fun surprise birthday!