Finding Joy in the Journey

Monday, July 7, 2008

American Idol Concert


Tonight Amber, April and I all went to see the American Idol concert.  It was AMAZING!  Everyone did great.  All of the singers got to sing three songs.  Some of my favorites were Micheal Johns who sang "We Are The Champions," Carly Smithson who sang "Crazy" by Heart, and also "I Drove All Night;" she sounded just as good, if not better than Celine Dion.   Jason Castro sang "Over the Rainbow" while playing the ukulele, and I loved Brooke White who sang "Yellow" by Coldplay.  She played the guitar and the piano, she was so beautiful.  Of course my two absolute favorites were the Davids.  The crowd was going CRAZY for them.  David Archuleta played the piano for his opening song which was  "I'm Loving Angels Instead." In between songs he was so cute, he was just smiling and giggling, and so humble.  He also sang "Stand by Me." David Cook was such a pro.  You could tell he was the winner.  He was so natural up on stage performing.  My favorite songs he did were "I don't want to Miss a Thing" and "Billy Jean."  I would recommend this concert to anyone it was a great mix of all different kinds of music, and I did not want it to end.

5 comments:

the bates motel said...

sounds like such a fun show! i always think it would be fun to go to one of those!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

How fun! I love the Davids too. We will check it out if it comes to Georgia

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

That is so awesome!! I miss southern California because there are always fun shows to go to. One day we should go to one of the "Bachelor: Girls/Boys Tell All". Unless you guys have already done that.

Mama Bear said...

So fun! I hear you are going to sytycd on Thursday, too! I'm a bit jealous...wish I could come, but I have a newborn and I don't think she'd approve! :)

How much longer until your house is ready?????

Mama Bear said...

So fun! I hear you are going to sytycd on Thursday, too! I'm a bit jealous...wish I could come, but I have a newborn and I don't think she'd approve! :)

How much longer until your house is ready?????