Finding Joy in the Journey

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Vacation to Vancouver

My dad's company is located in Vancouver, BC. He has traveled there every few weeks for the past eleven years. This trip he invited JB and I to come and stay with him and my mom because he had an extra room in his hotel-apartment (all the single room suites were taken). Vancouver is the most beautiful big city because it is very clean, and there is ocean, trees and mountains surrounding it.  I really think I could live there.

Here is a photo of my dad in his Office.  He is on the 10th floor.
My mom and dad outside his building on West Georgia.  The Hotel he always stays at is right across the street.
Here is a picture taken in the harbor.  It was about nine o'clock when this photo was taken.  It is crazy how light it is.
Here we are at sushi.  It was so yummy, and so fun to pick up the food as it floated by on little wooden boats.
Here we are just outside the IMAX theatre.  We went and saw U2 in 3-D.  It was AMAZING!  It really felt like we were at the concert in the front row.  I could see the beads of sweat on the Bono's neck.

The next day was my favorite.  We went and saw Stanley Park.  It is the most amazing place.  When you are in the middle of it you would NEVER know there was a bustling city less than a couple miles away.

Here are some lily pads we saw as we were entering the park.  I never see these.

Here is the city view from the front of the park.
Pretty bridge.
The gardens at the park.
There were millions of Trees surrounding the crisp, clean ocean.

Light house.
Here is a raccoon hanging out at the snack bar.
At the lookout point.
Here we are on one of our hikes.
JB at the beach.  The water was surprisingly warm.  It felt like it was about 70 degrees.
On one of the hikes through the park.  It was breath taking.

Leaving the park we saw some of the most beautiful hydrangeas. 
Out to dinner at one of the restaurants on Robson streets.  Our steaks were delicious.
Fireworks display for the Festival of Lights.  This show was put on by the Chinese.  There is a big competition between the USA, Canada, and China.  The whole city was at the beach.  It was really cool to see the fireworks in-sync with music.

Our last day we went to Grandville island, a little island with lots of shops and places to eat.  We had such a wonderful vacation in Vancouver.  We would recommend it to anyone.
The view from the sky.


4 comments:

the bates motel said...

sounds like a way fun trip! it sounds so nice to wear all those warmer lookin clothes!

snlbarney said...

It looks so beautiful there! So sad I missed Erin's shower - I had a Young womens committment that I spaced:( SO, now we need to get our kiddos together on our own... I will let you know when we are beach bound - probably next weekend, will you be around??

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

How green and pretty!!! Looks like a fun trip. I have always wanted to go there and now I feel like I have been.

Autumn said...

FUN & SO PRETTY!
NO KIDS TOO!!
HOW IS YOUR HOUSE COMING ALONG?